Kentucky isn’t necessarily known for blowing out lower-tier opponents. In fact, you could say Kentucky has struggled against lower-tier opponents, especially during the Mark Stoops era.
After Kentucky’s big win against the Florida Gators Saturday, Murray State comes to town to face our Kentucky Wildcats tomorrow. This is a “sucker game” because you’re coming off a big win Saturday, have a lower-tier opponent this week, and then have a huge game next Saturday against Mississippi State. What should we expect tomorrow?
Even though it has never really happened in the Stoops era, us UK fans should expect a blowout tomorrow.
- Murray State this year is 0-3 with a 26-13 loss to Central Arkansas, a 49-10 loss to Southern Illinois, and a 52-3 to Illinois. Not great.
- Drew Anderson, the Racers QB, is 36-66 for 359 yards, a touchdown, and 3 interceptions.
- DJ Penick, who has had the majority of the Racers touches at RB this season, has 22 rushes for 65 yards and a touchdown. Rodne Castille, a receiver for the Racers who has had the second most touches this season, has 13 rushed for 88 yards.
- Defensively the Racers have given up 408 rushing yards on 108 attempts and 5 touchdowns.
- Opponents have passed for a total of 452 yards and 3 touchdowns against their defense
What should we expect?
Kentucky fans should expect a blowout. If everything goes the way it should tomorrow, us fans should see a lot of what UK football could look like in the years to come. We should see Gunnar Hoak and maybe even Danny Clark at QB and we should see some of AJ Rose, Sihiem King, and maybe even Kavosiey Smoke tomorrow.
Tomorrow is a “pat the stats and get off the field” game for our starters.
Kentucky gets off to a good start and keeps it going. Murray State has a few good possessions here and there but Kentucky’s defense is too much for the Racers.
I’m going 38-10 Cats and AJ Rose has a big game for the Cats tomorrow. Let’s get this win.